Quality Assurance Analyst
The Mobalytics mission is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. We’ve achieved a lot so far, but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, ambitious, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any development challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers, because we love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for League of Legends and other video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you are the guardian manning the wall that protects our users. Your unrelenting dedication to making sure everything is working perfectly before it ships, and then ensuring that the experience is mirrored in all of our players will make you a champion we need but might not deserve. Your thirst for learning and understanding of how everything comes together will allow you to grow and contribute to the creation and refinement of Mobalytics. We are focused on Riot’s catalog of games right now, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about how it all fits together, then you are definitely in the right place with us.
- Design, document, and execute test cases based off developer specifications
- Document and communicate software defects to developers
- Partner with developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Work with automation engineers to automate test cases
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Provide reporting on testing results and current test progress
- Provide feedback to improve the customer experience
- Update test case libraries and documentation based on changes to the specifications
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Investigate customer complaints and communicate any issues that were found
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year experience in software testing or equivalent experience
- Ability to document and communicate issues clearly and concisely
- Gray box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Experience testing web-based and/or mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of Riot game
Mobalytics Required Personal Skill Set
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- People who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them make for a great fit and can understand the mission clearly.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players maximize their enjoyment when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment!