The Mobalytics mission is to create the ultimate gaming companion, providing powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In the last four years we have gone from just servicing League of Legends players to empowering players of different genres through Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Valorant. We’ve achieved a lot but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers. We love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a QA Lead, you are THE guardian at the gates. You are the most responsible person for the functionality of our product, a team effort no doubt, but if it gets by on your watch then it’s on you. Your plan and organization of defenses are the last bastion for our platform against the hordes of mediocrity and Error 405 pages. Most importantly, you create the communication infrastructure and processes not only within your own team, but within the entire realm, that will allow you to make sure that the correct people know where holes in our defenses are. Are you up for the task?
Product Manager Responsibilities
- Have a Plan.
- We have millions of players and many different products across several games. Ensuring the quality of all of them on launch AND consistently after launch is not a matter of just working more.
- This will only get more problematic as we scale, so make sure that you understand how that plan accommodates new products and many more players.
- Lead your team.
- You are accountable for the quality of work and relationships on the QA team.
- You will be managing, coaching, and recruiting this team towards individual and group excellence.
- Organize, Monitor, and Report
- You will drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure for multiple projects, delivering key information to stakeholders.
- You will be integral in planning of releases and platform monitoring, helping dictate what systems and checkpoints we have in place.
- You will decide what metrics to monitor and control to ensure maximum impact for product and team performance.
- Risk Assessment and Communication
- Can you objectively assess the situation and clearly communicate the risk to the stakeholders. Sometimes the world won't be perfect and we don’t have infinite time; being able to thoroughly explain your logic will be key.
- You need to be effective at gathering, synthesizing, and communicating information in an organized fashion so the rest of the team can act on it.
- Be Player First
- Remember if you can’t think like our players, you won’t be able to understand the bigger picture and how to evaluate the different parts of the equation in your role.
Mobalytics Required Personal Skill Set
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- People who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them make for a great fit and can understand the mission clearly.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players maximize their enjoyment when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment!