The Mobalytics mission is to create the ultimate gaming companion, providing powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In the last four years we have gone from just servicing League of Legends players to empowering players of different genres through Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Valorant. We’ve achieved a lot but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers. We love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. What we do is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for video games, your expertise in your craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a Data Scientist, your insights and analysis will power the very core of our product. Your expertise with data analysis tools along with your deep domain knowledge of games will allow you to connect the dots. Generating meaningful analyses that impact player performance and behavior is our goal. If you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about how it all fits together, then you are definitely in the right place in our cutting edge raid.
Your Technical Skill Set
- Research expertise in a specific domain
- We are looking for depth here. Show us you have spent infinite hours breaking apart something 90% of people likely think is irrelevant.
- A PhD is a good start, but spending years working on data for a specific company is just as good.
- Expertise in video games
- Not necessarily in terms of skill proficiency since we have plenty of people with that expertise, but you need to game seriously and understand the vernacular.
- Self sufficient with analysis tools
- You need to be able use your toolset to interact and work closely with engineers in a development environment
- Our current team works with: Python, Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Additional experience with SQL, NOSQL databases as well as Anaconda libraries is a plus
- Here are some things that are a huge plus:
- Golang experience
- Aerospike experience
- Deploying models in Google Cloud
- Expertise with machine learning
- Deep understanding of linear models, decision trees, and neural networks with the goal of finding new ways to apply that knowledge to generate meaningful insights.
- Bonus points if this has been the day to day of your thesis for the last few years.
Your Personal Skill Set
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- We’d love it if you are someone who plays the games we create our tools around currently, but are open to people who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, and that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
What we are expecting from you
- Deliver data science and data engineering projects from idea to completion
- Develop the idea, create a plan, layout the methodology, collaborate with other departments, execute the plan, and provide recommendations based on results. Here are some examples:
- Process games played on a specific patch and identify and bucketise patch related information for different purposes
- Enhance our GPI(Gamer Performance Index) algorithm
- Create recommendations based on players historical data
- Thoroughly document data science processes and code, and develop strategies to ensure they are safe, secure, and reproducible
- Visualize data to communicate results and findings to the product teams.
- Help us to optimize legacy code and refactor existing data processing pipelines.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful and intelligent products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should join us and help create that environment.