The Mobalytics mission is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In two years we’ve achieved a lot, but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any development challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even through we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers, because we love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for League of Legends and other video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a Data Scientist, your insights and analysis will power the very core of our product. Your expertise with data analysis tools along with your deep domain knowledge of games will allow you to connect the dots. Generating meaningful analyses that impact player performance and behavior is our goal. We are focused on League of Legends right now, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about how it all fits together, then you are definitely in the right place with us.
Your Technical Skill Set
- Research expertise in a specific domain
- We are looking for depth here. Show us you have spent infinite hours breaking apart something 90% of people likely think is irrelevant.
- A PhD is a good start, but spending years working on data for a specific company is just as good.
- Expertise in video games
- Not necessarily in terms of skill proficiency since we have plenty of people there but you need to game seriously and understand the vernacular.
- Self sufficient with analysis tools
- You need to be able use your toolset to interact and work closely with engineers in a development environment
- Stuff our team currently uses to manage and analyze data include: Kibana, Cassandra, SQL, Elastic Search, Python…
- Expertise with machine learning
- Deep understanding of different libraries and finding new ways to apply that knowledge to generate meaningful insights.
- Bonus points if this has been your primary thesis for the last few years.
Your Personal Skill Set
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- We’d love it if you are someone who plays the games we create our tools around currently, but are open to people who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of competitive gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment.