Customer Service Expert
The Mobalytics mission is to create the ultimate gaming companion, providing powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In the last four years we have gone from just servicing League of Legends players to empowering players of different genres through Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Valorant. We’ve achieved a lot but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers. We love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a Customer Service Expert, you are a steward of our realm. You guide lost souls to the place they are supposed to be. You thwart potential dangers in sometimes hostile environments. Once you have identified the threats and mapped out the landscape, you create plans and roads that help people get to where they want to go, without having to experience any of the ugly stuff. Most importantly, you are the voice of the player and can tell us what is afoul in the land. In our adventuring party, you are definitely the healer. Without you the damage would be too great for us to continue our journey.
Customer Service Expert Responsibilities
- Have a Plan.
- We have millions of players and it’s challenging dealing with the amount of requests we get. These players report their problems in many different channels: email, hotjar, discord, facebook, instagram, twitter… how are you going to handle all that?
- No it’s not enough for you to love talking to people and feel super satisfied when done helping them. That’s a good start for sure, but it’s not enough. We need you to help us handle the immense scale we are experiencing.
- That being said, LOVE interacting with people!
- If you can't empathize with the player who has an issue, then this role is impossible for you. That means EVERY single person who has an issue. There will be trivial issues, and there will be issues unique to a specific person. There will be issues that are difficult for you to diagnose. Can you stay kind and see it from their shoes every time?
- Although the customer is always right, you need to see the truth and effectively communicate it to us.
- Can you objectively assess the situation, file it, and give an accurate representation to the team so that we know what to fix? This means that you are able to objectively give an assessment of the situation, without being drowned out by the frustration of the user.
- You also need to be effective at gathering, synthesizing, and communicating information in an organized fashion so the rest of the team can act on it.
- Be an expert in customer management software
- We currently use Zendesk, but whether it’s Zendesk, Slaask, Sendbird, or some new software we don’t know about, we expect you to be familiar with the landscape, and be able to chart a path on why we should or shouldn’t use a specific product as our solution.
Mobalytics Required Personal Skill Set
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- People who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them make for a great fit and can understand the mission clearly.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players maximize their enjoyment when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment!