Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a UX designer to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a tool that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world, working alongside video game enthusiasts like yourself. The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course we want it to be a fun journey…
That’s where you come in! As a UX designer we want you to design the interface that our players see and interact with every day. Players need to fall in love with our tool as soon as they start using it, and your aesthetic sense is what will seduce them. In fact, they need to love using it so much that they reach a point they won't be able to live without it! League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow, to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so where you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan or anything in between doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
Role Specific Skills:
- We want you to lead the design of the product and
- You will make sure that our app is beautiful and easy to use.We want you to think and design as an end user. To do that, you have to understand the nature of our users and be one of them. That means you should probably play a lot of games… competitively...
- You should be familiar with the design process of a new app or feature.
- Be self reliant enough to carry the whole team through the process. Start from user stories, sketches and prototypes.Finish with design of the interfaces and user testing.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in designing Dashboards for SaaS products.
- Experience in designing complex interfaces and making them easy to understand.
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools around. Playing them may be enough, but to communicate to players effectively you must have some sort of latent desire to improve… No we don’t care if you are bronze or diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing. We want can do people, not can’t do people. In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS. We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too! Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
Final Call to Arms:
If you love games, and have a strong desire to create content for a passionate community of competitive players, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment. Please reach out and join the team!