Senior Go/Python Backend Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Backend developer to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a tool that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world, working alongside video game enthusiasts like yourself. The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course, we want it to be a fun journey…
That’s where you come in! As a Backend developer, we want you to build the very foundation of our product. The code that you write will be the cornerstone for all the magic that players see when they get the insights and data visualizations. We really need you to be a master at your craft so that you can carry us to victory with your build. League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so where you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan or anything in between doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
Role Specific Skills:
- We want you to be an expert in the technologies used to build our platform.
- Golang is one of the primary languages and you need to have 3+ years of experience with it.
- You are Veteran in building applications based on microservices and distributed architecture with heavy, very heavy load.
- You spent days working at least with one of these databases Cassandra or Elasticsearch or Solr.
- You know why APM is critical and how to find race conditions.
- Spark experience is a big plus.
- We also don’t want you to be a one trick pony.
- As our needs evolve you will be asked to become an expert with the software lifecycle including scoping and estimation of requirements along with writing of technical documentation. You will architect, design and develop robust software systems with distributed architecture.
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course, we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools around. Playing them may be enough, but to communicate to players effectively you must have some sort of latent desire to improve… No, we don’t care if you are bronze or diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully, you will tell us what we need to be doing. We want can do people, not can’t do people. In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS. We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too! Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
Call to Arms:
If you love games, and have a strong desire to create content for a passionate community of competitive players, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment. Please reach out and join the team!