We’re looking for a QA Engineer to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a platform that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means having the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world and working alongside hardcore video game enthusiasts (we are competitive so be ready for game nights and 1v1 challenges!). The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course we want it to be a fun journey...
That’s where you come in! As a QA Engineer we want you to make sure that our tool is of highest quality and potential. As a team, we strive for perfection, and although we may never reach it, it’s your role to make our product perfect. Your unending quest to go through every painstaking detail and make sure our platform works may go unseen by the player, but everyone will know who the hero that made our our tool work so perfectly is.
League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow, to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so whether you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan, or anything in between - it doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
- Test newly developed software, features, and record any bugs or performance issues.
- Collect information about software usability.
- Identify critical bottlenecks in development.
- Develop and run effective tests to ensure product’s stability and performance.
- Document, prioritize, and resolve bugs.
- Complete projects, review, and reports as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you carefully think through the details of a situation before charging in? We need your awareness to:
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Establish structured test plans for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Are you a thorough scanner? We need your high-res vision to:
- Review product specifications and technical design documents.
- Identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Ok let’s get technical. Here is the item level you will need for this Mythic:
- Work experience in software testing more than 4 years.
- Proven record of strong problem solving & creativity skills. In other words have enough talents to break our applications and find bugs.
- Front-end testing: manual acceptance, verification, cross browser testing
Back-end testing: Rest API testing, Microservices testing, Load/Stress/Performance testing
Experience of working with automation tools like seleniumhq, TestComplite7, etc...
- Basic Python skills.
Basic JS skills (Angular,React) is a big plus.
- Solid understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA/Test Methodologies.
- Finally here is what you will be responsible for:
- Operate in a cross-functional team to understand project readiness, influence early testability, and ensure proper test coverage, overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans, test cases and automated tests for new and existing functionality.
- Verification and validation of fixed bugs.
- Exploratory testing and cross-browser testing.
- Facilitate the use of current Software Quality techniques.
Life Skills you will need:
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing.
- We want can do people, not can’t do people.
In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits.
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth, fueled by a fusion of Silicon Valley Engineering culture and founding team’s work ethics.
- Flexible hours and remote culture - people expected to be in online for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time and never will. We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do.
- Home office setup bonus. We provide you with all the equipment you need to work and play comfortably and efficiently.
- Personal growth budget. We aspire personal growth and push our users and out teammates to grow and achieve better version of themselves
Final Call to Arms:
If you love games, and have a strong desire to create great content for a passionate community of competitive players, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment. Please reach out and join the team!