We’re looking for a front-end developer to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a tool that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means having the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world and working alongside hardcore video game enthusiasts (we are competitive so be ready for game nights and 1v1 challenges!). The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course we want it to be a fun journey...
That’s where you come in! As a front-end developer, we want you to create the engine that powers what our players see. Players need to feel like the tool works seamlessly and gives them the power to do what they need to do to step up their game. They need to love using it so much that they reach a point they won't be able to live without it! League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow, to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so whether you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan, or anything in between - it doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
Role Specific Skills:
- We want you to be an expert in the technologies used to build our platform.
- React JS is the pillar of our front-end but of course HTML5 and CSS3 play a role.
Python + postgreSQL are used on the backend so you should have some idea about how it interacts with your part.
- We want you to be pixel perfect... No pun intended!
- You must have the ability to replicate pixel mockups into HTML/CSS/JS.
You need to have prestige class attention to detail.
- You need to have a lot of /played when it comes to front end responsive design.
- Build usable and scalable Web apps.
Build elegant and intuitive user interfaces the feel familiar to gamers.
- Write clean, valid, and SEO-friendly code .
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools
No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond but you need be on the path of self-improvement.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing.
We want can do people, not can’t do people.
- In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits.
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth, fueled by a fusion of Silicon Valley Engineering culture and founding team’s work ethics.
- Flexible hours and remote culture - people expected to be in online for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time and never will. We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do.
- Home office setup bonus. We provide you with all the equipment you need to work and play comfortably and efficiently.
- Personal growth budget. We aspire personal growth and push our users and out teammates to grow and achieve better version of themselves
Final Call to Arms:
If you love games, and have a strong desire to create great content for a passionate community of competitive players, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment. Please reach out and join the team!